Match Preview: Connacht
Get all the latest info ahead of Saturday's match in Galway (25 March, 3.05pm - Live on ViaPlay)
Referee: Ben Whitehouse (WRU, 89th competition game) Assistant: Chris Busby, Paul Haycock (both IRFU)
TMO: Sean Brickell (WRU)
|Date||Venue||C||E||Connacht scorers||Edinburgh scorers|
|Fri 23 Mar 18||Sportsground||22||29||Tiernan O’Halloran(T) Tom Farrell(T) Jack Carty(2C/P) Finlay Bealham(T)||Duncan Weir(T/C/3P) Duhan van der Merwe(T) Jaco van der Walt(P) Dougie Fife(T)|
|Fri 14 Sep 18||BT Murrayfield||10||17||Jack Carty(C/P) Niyi Adeolokun(T)||Pierre Schoeman(T) Duhan van der Merwe(T) Jaco van der Walt(2C/P)|
|Fri 21 Feb 20||BT Murrayfield||14||41||Tiernan O’Halloran(2T) Jack Carty(2C)||Pierre Schoeman(T) Duhan van der Merwe(T) Simon Berghan(T) Simon Hickey(3C/2P) Penalty Try(2T)|
|Sun 25 Oct 20||BT Murrayfield||37||26||Tom Daly(3C/P) Caolin Blade(T) Sammy Arnold(T) Shane Delahunt(T) Conor Fitzgerald(P) Alex Wootton(2T)||Mike Willemse(2T) Jaco van der Walt(3C) Nic Groom(T) Andrew Davidson(T)|
|Sat 13 Mar 21||Sportsground||14||15||Jack Carty(2C) Shane Delahunt(T) Sean O’Brien(T)||Nathan Chamberlain(T/C/P) Magnus Bradbury(T)|
|Fri 4 Mar 22||DAM Health Stadium||8||56||Peter Sullivan(T) Jack Carty(P)||Glen Young(T) Ramiro Moyano Joya(T) Dave Cherry(T) Ben Vellacott(T) Emiliano Boffelli(T/8C) Blair Kinghorn(T) Henry Immelman(2T)|
Played 35, Connacht won 14, Edinburgh won 19 with 2 matches drawn.
Did you know?
- Connacht Rugby have won their last four BKT United Rugby Championship fixtures since their defeat to Leinster in Dublin on New Year’s Day.
- The Irishmen have not won five in succession in the Championship since they were Champions in 2015/16.
- Connacht have lost their last three matches against Scottish opponents.
- Edinburgh Rugby’s only victory in their last eight BKT United Rugby Championship encounters was 24-17 at home to Zebre Parma in Round 12.
- The Scotsmen have won just twice away from home in the Championship this campaign, both in October, beating Zebre in Parma and Cardiff at the Arms Park.
- Edinburgh have beaten an Irish province just three times since November 2019 and all were against today’s opponents, Connacht.
- Connacht have won only one of their last seven clashes with Edinburgh: 37-26 at BT Murrayfield in October 2020.
- Edinburgh have won on their last two visits to Galway.
|Last 3 URC results:||28 Jan – Lions (H) W 43-24||28 Jan – Sharks (H) L 19-22|
|18 Feb – Zebre (A) W 57-34||18 Feb – Scarlets (A) L 14-42|
|4 Mar – Dragons (A) W 22-20||4 Mar – Leinster (H) L 27-47|
|URC 2022/23||8th – W8 D0 L7 – 39pts||12th – W5 D0 L10 – 32pts|
|URC form||LlWWww (20pts)||lLWLlL (9pts)|
|Top try scorer||8 – Caolin Blade||9 – Darcy Graham|
|Top points scorer||69 – Jack Carty||60 – Emiliano Boffelli|