Thirteen selected for Wallabies Test
Edinburgh Rugby co-captain Jamie Ritchie will lead Scotland against Australia this Saturday at BT Murrayfield (29 October, kick-off 5.30pm), with Gregor Townsend naming 13 Edinburgh players in his squad to kick off the Autumn Nations Series.
Scotland welcome the Wallabies to the home of Scottish Rugby for the first of their Autumn Nations Series matches, and will face a stern test against a southern hemisphere side that claimed the scalps of South Africa and Argentina in the Rugby Championship.
Darcy Graham’s electric form is rewarded with a starting berth on the right wing, with the Hawick-man dotting down eight tries in five URC games.
He’s joined in the back-three by Duhan van der Merwe, the pair having managed four tries together in Edinburgh’s recent win against Benetton.
Mark Bennett retains his spot in the 13 jersey having made the position his own in Scotland’s tour of Argentina, while Blair Kinghorn spearheads the Scotland attack at stand-off.
In the pack, Pierre Schoeman lines up at loosehead prop, and will be joined in the front row by Dave Cherry at hooker.
It’s an all-Edinburgh engine room, with Sam Skinner and Grant Gilchrist packing down together at second row; Gilchrist taking on a leadership role as vice-captain.
Captain Ritchie starts at blindside flanker, alongside club centurion Hamish Watson at openside.
Gregor Townsend has also named three Edinburgh men on his bench, with WP Nel, Glen Young, and Damien Hoyland all set to feature at BT Murrayfield.
Scotland team to face Australia at BT Murrayfield
Saturday 29 October (kick-off 5.30pm) – live on Amazon Prime
15. Ollie Smith (Glasgow Warriors) 1 cap
14. Darcy Graham (Edinburgh Rugby) 29 caps
13. Mark Bennett (Edinburgh Rugby) 27 caps
12. Sione Tuipulotu (Glasgow Warriors) 7 caps
11. Duhan van der Merwe (Edinburgh Rugby) 19 caps
10. Blair Kinghorn (Edinburgh Rugby) 34 caps
9. Ali Price – Vice Captain – (Glasgow Warriors) 54 caps
1. Pierre Schoeman (Edinburgh Rugby) 12 caps
2. Dave Cherry (Edinburgh Rugby) 7 caps
3. Zander Fagerson (Glasgow Warriors) 50 caps
4. Sam Skinner (Edinburgh Rugby) 22 caps
5. Grant Gilchrist – Vice Captain – (Edinburgh Rugby) 55 caps
6. Jamie Ritchie – Captain – (Edinburgh Rugby) 32 caps
7. Hamish Watson (Edinburgh Rugby) 51 caps
8. Matt Fagerson (Glasgow Warriors) 24 caps
16. George Turner (Glasgow Warriors) 27 caps
17. Jamie Bhatti (Glasgow Warriors) 22 caps
18. WP Nel (Edinburgh Rugby) 48 caps
19. Glen Young (Edinburgh Rugby) 1 cap
20. Jack Dempsey (Glasgow Warriors) uncapped
21. George Horne (Glasgow Warriors) 17 caps
22. Ross Thompson (Glasgow Warriors) 3 caps
23. Damien Hoyland (Edinburgh Rugby) 4 caps